Global HSE Manager
- Provide full service HSE support to multiple facilities to cost effectively and successfully implement BCS HSE Management System.
- Required to meet BCS and Business Unit Specific performance improvement goals.
- Manage the development, implementation and integration of specific HSE program initiatives (i.e., metalworking fluids; ergonomics; Behavior based safety; HSE training and awareness; HSE auditing; employee involvement; Product Stewardship; Safety Excellence, etc.) as assigned.
- Lead and conduct HSE Compliance and Management Systems audits.
- Manage and lead efforts with implementing and integrating the BCS HSE Management System requirements as subject matter expert or assisting assigned facilities.
- Support assigned location Management Teams and HSE Resources in formulation and achievement of its HSE objectives and targets and advise on policy and regulatory matters.
- Support assigned sites with meeting BCS HSE Tier I targets.
- Support assigned sites in development & implementation of various HSE related corrective/improvement action plans.
- Manage, develop and provide or direct applicable HSE training for employees, supervisors, and management team.
- Support assigned sites as they interface with external HSE regulators in the event of site inspections, reviews or operational inquiries.
- Evaluate, recommend and implement policies and procedures to assure awareness and compliance with all HSE requirements of BCS and regulatory agencies.
- Implement health, safety and environmental initiatives and activities as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Environmental Engineering and /or Safety.
- Engineering and Management or related field.
- Advanced Degree or HSE related Professional Certification desirable.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment with emphasis on safety/environmental management.
- Thorough working knowledge and understanding of HSE compliance (local, state/provincial and national) regulations that are applicable to the sites supported.
- Thorough knowledge in relation to developing processes and practices related to the following key areas: HSE System implementation; Behavior Based Safety; Ergonomics; Risk Assessment and Reduction; industrial Hygiene; Environmental Control (air, water, waste).
- Experience in implementing and managing HSE Management System requirements and ISO 14001 EMS certification requirements.
- Ability to work hands-on and independently and to champion successful HSE initiatives.
- Strong organizational skills, analytical and problem-solving skills, communication and interpersonal skills.