- The Program Manager acts, in accordance with BCS and PMI standards, as the business leader to accomplish project objectives and to manage the project from business award to successful new product launch (GDPIM phases 3 through 8) to insure customer satisfaction.
- This position is expected to deliver financial commitments by overseeing issues relating to quality and cost, as well as controlling the budget, tracking financial status and adhering to the program schedule with set customer milestones.
- The program manager will steer information concerning project issues within BCS by creating awareness and driving resolution within the involved projects team - Purchasing, Sales, Engineering, Quality and Manufacturing.
- The position will coordinate and manage the interface with customers and suppliers to foster clear understanding of the requirements and deliverables.
- The program manager will also retain responsibility for product after launch to ensure performance to minimum standards for productivity, quality, warranty, profit and other similar metrics, and pursue continuous improvement of these metrics.
- The program manager will make certain that the project is introduced according to GDPIM and execute APQP safe launch Plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Engineering or related technical field required.
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt certification preferred Project Management certification preferred
- Experience in HVAC, Switches, Column Controls development required, 5 (+) years desired.
- Cross Functional experience desired.
- Prior Project or Program Management experience is a plus.
- Excellent internal and customer facilitation, communication, and documentation skills.
- Very good computer skills (Microsoft Project, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel).
- Very good understanding of financial analysis related to repetitive manufacturing.
- Knowledge of general manufacturing and design and development processes within the automotive industry.
- Knowledge of advanced quality planning tools required in the automotive industry.
- Good leadership skills to provide direction to teams that do not report to the Program Manager.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills Basic knowledge of product line.