Data Protection Policy
1. General information about the collection of personal data
b) Responsible for the processing:
Responsible in accordance with Article 4(7) EU-General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is BCS Automotive Interface Solutions, Industriestrasse 2-8 in 78315 Radolfzell, Germany, with the telephone number +49 7732 8090.
2. Processing of personal data when visiting our website
a) You can basically visit our website without telling us who you are. As it is common with almost all websites, the server hosting our website (hereinafter referred as “web server”) automatically collects information from you when you visit us on the internet. These data are technically necessary for us and ensure the stability and security of the website.
We regularly analyze these server logs anonymously for statistical purposes (click stream analysis) so that we can determine how our web pages are used. Based on these findings we optimize our website.
In addition, in the event of a system abuse we may use this information in collaboration with your ISP and/or local authorities to identify the source of this abuse.
These web server logs will be deleted.
b) In addition to the mentioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive assigned to the browser you are using and by which the body that sets the cookies (here by us), certain information flow. Cookies cannot run programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve to make the internet offer more user-friendly and effective overall.
aa) This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and operation of which are explained below:
– Transient cookies (see bb)
– Persistent cookies (see cc).
bb) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These include the session cookies. These store a so-called session ID with which various requests from your browser can be assigned to the common session. This will allow your computer to be recognized when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
cc) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may differ depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time.
dd) You can configure your browser setting according to your wishes. For example, decline the acceptance of third-party cookies or all cookies. Please be aware that you may not be able to use all features of this site.
ff) [The used flash-cookies are not detected by your browser but by your flash plug-in. Furthermore, we take HTML5 storage objects, which are stored on your device. These objects store the required data regardless of your browser and do not have an automatic expiration date. If you do not want to process the flash-cookies, you must install a corresponding add-on, e. g. “Better Privacy“ for Mozilla Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/) or “Adobe-Flash-Killer-Cookie” for Google Chrome. You can prevent the use of HTML5 storage objects by using private mode in your browser. We also recommend that you manually delete your cookies and browser history periodically.]
c) Third party cookies on our websites:
We allow third parties to place cookies on your computer through these websites.
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses so-called "cookies", text files that are stored on your computer and that allow an analysis of the use of the website by you. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, if IP anonymization is enabled on this website, Google will truncate your IP address beforehand within member states of the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to a Google server in the US and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services related to website usage and internet usage to the website operator.
(2) The IP address provided by Google Analytics within the framework of Google Analytics will not be merged with other data provided by Google.
(3) You can prevent the storage of cookies by a corresponding setting of your browser software; however, we point out that in this case you may not be able to use all the functions of this website in full. You may also prevent the collection by Google of the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) as well as the processing of this data by Google by using the browser plug-in available under the following link. in download and install: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension „_anonymizeIp()“. As a result, IP addresses are processed shortened, a person-relatedness can thus be excluded. Insofar as the data collected about you is assigned to a personal reference, it will be immediately excluded and the personal data will be deleted immediately.
(5) We use Google Analytics to analyze and regularly improve the use of our website. With the statistics we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. For the exceptional cases in which personal data is transferred to the US, Google has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for using Google Analytics is Article 6(1) on page 1 et seq. GDPR.
(6) Third-party information: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001. User Conditions: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html, Data Protection Overview: http://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/learn/privacy.html, and Data Protection Policy: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
[(7) This website uses Google Analytics also for cross-device analysis of visitor flows, which is performed by a user ID. You can disable the cross-device analysis of your use in your customer account under "My Data", "Personal Information".]
d) Use of social media plug-ins
(1) We are currently using the following social media plug-ins:
- Facebook Inc [1601 S. California Ave – Palo Alto – CA 94304, USA]
- XING AG [Gänsemarkt 43 – 20354 Hamburg – Deutschland]
- YouTube [LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA]
- Twitter Inc. [1355 Market Street, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA]
- Instagram Inc. [1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA]
- LinkedIn Corporation [2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA]
We use the so-called two-click solution. In other words, when you visit our site, initially no personal data is passed on to the providers of the plug-ins. The provider of the plug-in can be recognized by the marking on the box above the first letter or the logo. We give you the opportunity to communicate directly with the provider of the plug-in via the button. Only if you click on the highlighted field and activate it, the plug-in provider receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding website of our online service. In addition, the data mentioned under 2. of this declaration will be transmitted. In the case of Facebook and Xing, according to the respective providers in Germany, the IP address is anonymized immediately after collection. By activating the plug-in, personal data will be transmitted by you to the respective plug-in provider and stored there (with US providers in the USA). Since the plug-in provider carries out the data collection, in particular via cookies, we recommend that you delete all cookies before clicking on the greyed box via the security settings of your browser.
(2) We have no influence on the collected data and data processing operations, nor are we aware of the full extent of the data collection, the purpose of processing, the retention periods. We also have no information to delete the data collected by the plug-in provider.
(3) The plug-in provider stores the data collected about you as usage profiles and uses them for purposes of advertising, market research and / or tailor-made website design. Such an evaluation is carried out in particular (also for non-logged-in users) for the presentation of needs-based advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the formation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact the respective plug-in provider to exercise this. The plug-ins allow us to interact with social networks and other users so that we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. The legal basis for using plug-ins is Article 6(1) on page 1 et seq. GDPR.
(4) The data transfer takes place regardless of whether you have an account with the plug-in provider and are logged in there. If you are logged into the plug-in provider, your data collected from us will be assigned directly to your existing account with the plug-in provider. If you press the activated button and link the page, for example, the plug-in provider also stores this information in your user account and shares it with your contacts publicly. We recommend that you log out regularly after using a social network, but especially before activating the button, as this will prevent you from being assigned to your profile with the plug-in provider.
(5) For more information on the purpose and scope of the data collection and its processing by the plug-in provider, please refer to the privacy statements of these providers. There you will also find further information about your rights and settings options for the protection of your privacy.
e) Integration of YouTube videos
(1) We have integrated YouTube videos in our online offering which are stored on http://www.YouTube.com. It is directly playable from our website. [These are all embedded in the "enhanced privacy mode", which means that if you do not play the video, you will not transfer any data about you as a user to YouTube. Only when you play the videos, the data mentioned in paragraph 2 will be transmitted. We have no influence on this data transfer.]
(2) By visiting the website, YouTube receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding subpage of our website. In addition, the data mentioned under 2 of this declaration will be transmitted. This happens regardless of whether YouTube provides a user account that you are logged in to, or if there is no user account. When you're logged in to Google, your data will be assigned directly to your account. If you do not wish to be associated with your profile on YouTube, you must log out before activating the button. YouTube stores your data as usage profiles and uses them for purposes of advertising, market research and / or customization of its website. Such an evaluation is carried out in particular (even for users who are not logged in) to provide appropriate advertising and to inform other users of the social network about their activities on our website. You have a right to object to the creation of these User Profiles, and you must comply with YouTube to exercise them.
f) Integration of Google Maps
(1) On this website we use the offer of Google Maps. This allows us to show you interactive maps directly in the website and allow you to conveniently use the map feature.
(2) By visiting the website, Google receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding sub-page of our website. In addition, the data mentioned under 2 of this declaration will be transmitted. This is done regardless of whether Google provides a user account that you are logged in to, or if there is no user account. When you're logged in to Google, your data will be assigned directly to your account. If you do not wish to be associated with your profile on Google, you must log out before activating the button. Google stores your data as usage profiles and uses them for purposes of advertising, market research and/or needs-based website design. Such an evaluation is carried out in particular (even for users who are not logged in) to provide appropriate advertising and to inform other users of the social network about their activities on our website. You have a right to object to the formation of these user profiles, and you must comply with this to Google.
When you contact us by e-mail or telephone, the information you provide (your e-mail address, your name and telephone number if applicable) will be stored by us to answer your questions. We delete the data that arises in this context after the storage is no longer required or limit the processing if legal retention periods exist.
Contact by E-Mail
(1) When you contact us by e-mail, the information you provide (your e-mail address and name) will be stored by us to contact you and to answer your questions.
This may be the case for following purposes:
- Initiation, execution and administration of your contractual relationship (or contractual relationship of your organization), for example, through the execution of transactions and orders for products or services, in the context of all purchasing transactions, including, but not limited to, the processing of payment transactions, accounting activities, audit activities, billing activities and debt collection activities, arranging shipments and deliveries, repairs and the provision of supporting services or other services that you or your organization may have commissioned or requested, or with which BCS has instructed or requested you.
- Information and advice within an existing business relationship on similar or related products or services, if permitted by applicable law.
- Maintaining and protecting the security of our products, services and websites or other systems, preventing and detecting security risks, fraud or other criminal or unlawful acts.
- To comply with our legal or regulatory obligations. These may include, for example, the retention of sales documents for tax purposes or the sending of legally required notices and other notices, compliance screening or record keeping duties (for example, under competition law, export law, trade sanctions and embargo provisions or for the prevention of white-collar crime or money laundering). In this regard, we may be required to perform a reconciliation of your contact or identity data with relevant sanction lists and confirmation of your identity in the event of possible concordance, to record information about cooperation with you, where such may be of antitrust relevance, and notify reports to competent oversight bodies. Law enforcement or other competent authorities or to assist investigations by them.
- Settlement of disputes, enforcement of our contractual agreements and establishment, enforcement or defense of legal claims.
- Invitations to corporate events such as trade fairs or other marketing activities.
- We delete the related data in our system after the storage is no longer required (for example, if the persons registered do not receive any data from us or are no longer with the company for which they have registered) or restrict it Processing if statutory retention periods exist.
(2) Legal basis for processing of the data transmitted in the cource of sending an email is Article 6(1) GDPR.
h) Application Procedure
Candidate Management / e-Recruiting (with the relationship of IBM/Kenexa)
(1) On our website, you have the opportunity to find out about job vacancies and free apprenticeships and study places and then to apply online via our applicant portal. Our candidate portal is maintained by our service provider IBM/Kenexa and its subcontractors. The processing of personal data takes place exclusively in Germany and in the USA, where our service provider is located. The service provider can gain insight into the following anonymized data during operation and maintenance:
a. Date and time of access,
b. browser type and version,
c. used operating system,
d. URL of the previously visited website,
e. amount of data sent,
f. IP address of access
(2) To make the application process transparent for you, you can register. You will need to enter your name, e-mail address and password. This data is needed to set up and manage a career portal account for you. Last but not least, we need these and possibly other data in order to respond to requests, questions and criticism.
Other optional data are:
g. Contact details (address, telephone number);
h. CV data (education, vocational training, work experience, language skills);
i. Secial network profiles (e.g. XING, LinkedIn, Facebook);
j. Documents in connection with applications (application photos, cover letters, certificates, employment certificates, work samples, etc.)
Data that is mandatory for processing to determine your suitability for a job are marked as mandatory fields.
In addition, you have the option of communicating further data in the form, which makes it easier for us to process your application (for example, the name of the specific job and the desired salary). This information is voluntary.
(3) The legal basis of these processing is Article 6(1) GDPR pre-contract measures.
(4) Processing of CV documents
The documents uploaded by the applicant are analyzed to extract CV data. Processing takes place within the infrastructure.
A transmission to third does not take place. The legal basis is § 26 (1) BDSG-“new“.
We will store your complete application data after completing the application process for a period of 6 months.
3. Legal Basis of Processing
We process your personal data on the following legal basis
a) To fulfill pre-contractual measures (application procedure) (Article 6(1) b EU-GDPR)
b) In the context of the balance of interests (Article 6(1) f EU-GDPR) (to improve the website)
c) On the basis of your consent (Article 6(1) a EU-GDPR)
Providing your personal information [is not a legal obligation. This means you are not required to provide us with your personal information.
No automatic decision-making based solely on automated processing, including profiling, and having a legal effect or affecting you in a similar manner will be performed.
4. Your rights
According to the regulations of the GDPR you can assert us the following rights:
- Right to information and access
- Right to rectification
- Right to restriction of processing
- Right to erasure / right to be forgotten
- Right to data portability
- Right to object
If the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right at any time to revoke your consent, with effect for the future. The legality of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until the revocation remains unaffected.
In order to enforce any of your above rights, or if you believe that we are processing your personal information in an improper manner, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You also have the right to contact the data protection supervisory authority. The competent supervisory authority is
Der Landesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz und die Informationsfreiheit Baden-Württemberg
Postfach 10 29 32, 70025 Stuttgart
Königstraße 10a, 70315 Suttgart
Tel.: 0711 / 61 55 41-0
Fax: 0711 / 61 55 41-15
5. Place of data processing
BCS also processes your personal data outside the EU
b) If individual service providers or affiliates are outside the EU, there may not be an adequate level of data protection compared to the level of data protection within the European Union. This means that the data protection laws in this country to which your data can be transferred do not offer the same protection as in Germany. We have therefore taken reasonable protective measures to ensure data protection: standard contracts for order processing or standard contractual clauses within the Group and with external service providers. Contract data processing contracts were concluded in accordance with Art. 28 DS-GVO, the standard contractual clauses in accordance with EU regulations.
You can get a copy of these protections via email@example.com.
6. Transfer of your Personal Infomation
A transfer of your personal data takes place to the following recipients:
1. BCS Automotive Interface Solutions Italy S.R.L.
2. Via Miraflores, 20, 10042 Nichelino (Torino), Italien
3. BCS Automotive Interface Solutions s.r.o
4. Jana Nohy 2048, 25601 Benesov, Tschechische Republik
5. BCS Automotive Interface Solutions Poland spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością
6. ul. 3-go Maja 8/B3, 05-800 Pruszkow, Polen
7. BCS Automotive Global Limited (UK)
8. Eastern Ave., Burnley, Lancashire, BB10 2AR, Vereinigtes Königreich
BCS Automotive Interface Solutions
No. 2052, Taidong Road, Xiangcheng Economic Development District, Suzhou, Jiangsu Province, 215143 China
North and South America
1. BCS Automotive Interface Solutions US LLC
2. 5752 Industrial Park Rd., Winona, MN 55987, USA
3. BCS Automotive Interface Solutions US LLC
4. 12000 Tech Center Drive (Tech 1), Livonia, MI 48150, USA
5. BCS Access Systems US LLC
6. 2150 Cranebrook Dr., Auburn, NY 13021-9508, USA
7. BCS AIS ENSAMBLES, S. DE R.L. DE C.V
8. Mike Allen 1390, Parque Industrial Reynosa, Apartado Postal 907, 88788 Reynosa, Mexiko
9. BCS SOLUÇÕES EM INTERFACES AUTOMOTIVAS BRASIL LTDA.
10. Av. Fagundes de Oliveira, 1680, Vila Sao Jose, 09950-906 Diadema, Sao Paulo, Brasilien
7. Security Measures
As far as we forward data to our service providers within the framework of the services described here, these are bound to contractual requirements with us in addition to the mandatory statutory provisions with regard to data protection.
We implement security measures that we continuously optimize in accordance with technical and legal developments in order to best protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction or access by unauthorized third parties.